Friday, June 11, 2010

"Smiley"


Hello little friends,
Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth after my first (and fabulous) blog post! It's been quite a busy week and sadly, I'm guilty of committing infidelity on my bus. Wednesday I actually made the 8:05 (and made it to the gym for early am spin, yowza!) and Thursday I had to take the 7:33...WOOF!

Anyway, I was back on track this morning with the 8:23, and I was reminded of a bus staple that I completely forgot to mention, therefore today's post is dedicated to: "Smiley"

"Smiley" is a very pretty, 30 something, that gets off the bus in Copley Square. My guess is she works in the Hancock Tower, but I don't know for sure because I haven't followed her (I'm not a total creep you guys). She's usually on the 8:23, but gets on at the very last stop so usually has to stand. Now, I assume you can guess why I call her "Smiley" and if you guessed because she smiles a lot, then you're correct. Literally, all this woman does is SMILE. But not in a friendly, "hi, how are you?" kind of way, its more like "my face is permanently stuck like this and all I can do is smile" its creepy!

"Smiley" is definitely stuck in the 80's, I mean, big time. She also, mostly always, has a banana clip in her hair. See below for picture reference.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good banana clip, but its just not something you see everyday.

The only person "Smiley" talks to, is "The Complainer" - another staple I forgot to mention. Not only do I see "The Complainer" on the 8:23 morning commute, but also in my spin classes on Mon & Wed AM's.

We call her "The Complainer" because (you guessed it!) she complains ALL. THE. TIME. Literally any time I see her its, "Omg, its sooo windy out. Especially on this street because the wind comes off the river and flows down this way" or its, "Why can't this bus driver park at the other stop thats closer to my house? The 8:40 does it, and it makes things much easier for me", or my favorite (insert yelling voice here) "Driverrrrrr!!! Can you pllleeeeaaassseee turn down the heat? It's 900 degrees in here!!" insert eye roll and under-her-breath muttering.

Both "Smiley" and "The Complainer" get on at the same stop, and have to stand because there usually aren't seats left, which gives me the perfect view for observation because I sit right up front and center...anxiously waiting for all the action to happen.

And with that, you have it, my second blog post. (Man, I need to get better at wrapping these bad boys up!) I hope you all (who am I kidding, there's 5 of you reading this, and that's because you sit in my pod and I make you read this) have a fantastic weekend.

I'll try to blog this weekend...maybe about something aside from bus absurdities, but probably not so don't get excited.

You know you love me...
xoxo,
GG






2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the drawings that will accompany these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh just wait...because I do love sketching...

    ReplyDelete