Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Gaga's First Blog Post

Hello loyal monsters, er, I mean readers,
Seeing as this blog was created to document my daily commute to and from work on the MBTA bus, (I know what you're thinking, its just a bus...but I assure you my friends, its anything but...) I'd like to start by giving you a quick snapshot of some of my most favorite bus characters. Let's see...there's your regulars like "Auntie Amy", "The Man With The Bucket of Ice", "The Dentists", and one of my personal favs "Tower Records Man". Then there's the precious few that like to make an occasional cameo like, "The Man With The Never Ending Cough" and "The Foreigners". Lastly, there's those gem like bus riders, that really rile you up nice and early, like, "The Girl With The Scarf" and "The Married Couple".

I must tell you that not all bus experiences are bad, I've actually made some pretty good friends throughout my year and a half on the 55! Like, KO - my most favorite! Not only is she an 8:23 regular, but we hang outside of the bus. We'll watch the Bachelor (Jake, you're hot) or grab a glass of vino at a local neighborhood joint. Additionally, we have quite a few mutual friends. I think it's safe to say KO and I have reached official "friend status" and can retire our "bus friend status". There's also KC, RC, and the occasional guest "bus friend".

So, now that you've been introduced to the best and the worst, I feel like I should explain the morning routine. For the most part, I'm a regular on the 8:23...especially on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I have standing 9am status meetings. (Clients, I love you) On the off day's I'll jump on the 8:40, and on the very rare days, I'll be on the 8:05.

Ok, well, that about does it for my very first blog post. I think I'll leave you hanging so you decide to come back for more...and I have to go make my lunch so I can catch the 8:05 in the morning. Hope you enjoyed what you read...and please, do come back for more.

Until next time...
XOXO
GG

1 comment:

  1. Bring on the show down w/ GITS. If you need additional characters, you are welcome to take a field trip on my 93. It's pretty spectacular. I have a "sits awkwardly close w/his grocery bag of bananas" tiny old man. Everyday. with the bananas.

    ReplyDelete