Monday, July 19, 2010

Bubbles and Baggage


Hello little monsters,
It's been one crazy heat wave these past few weeks! I never realized before how tired the hot hot weather made me, but I've been totally exhausted. When I'm not working, I've been hiding out at the beach, pools, and in my air conditioned 4x4 square of a bedroom. (Hey, at least it cools down fast).

Anyway, I've been taking the bus non stop because its much cooler and less crowded than the T. It looks like other people have been following my lead because our bus had a little furry guest star last week...Blog readers, meet Bubbles....

Bubbles is a cross between a Maltese and a Poodle, and he's soo cute and well behaved! Want another pic?? Ok, here you go....


Oh, and that woman in the black and white flowered cardigan is "Auntie Amy". She LOVES Bubbles, and proceeded to pet and "gaga goo goo" at him the entire bus ride. Once he got off, she continued to carry on to me and KO telling us all about how Bubbles goes for three walks a day, eats fancy feast, and loves people. AA was right because Bubbles was adorable and friendly...and quite frankly, a lovely way to start your day! It made me really consider getting a little pup of my own.

Anyway, back to bus characters...this next post comes to you courtesy of KO, who sent me these pictures on her bus ride home this evening.

I bring you, "Man Who Brings Everything Under the Kitchen Sink On The Bus"....

And here's a close up...

I've seen this man on the way home a few times, and he literally has everything under his kitchen sink connected in one mish mosh of stuff by multiple caribeaners. Then, he hooks the caribeaners to the seats to secure his baggage in place. The funny thing about this man is he's dressed somewhat nice and pretty well groomed so I find it strange that he brings all this stuff with him, wherever he goes, every single day. Maybe he works at a thrift store...or a funky vintage consignment shop...any reader guesses?

Andddd on that note, I need to go make my lunch for tomorrow since I have to be up bright and early to catch the 8:23, but I hope you all stay cool. In fact, I think I hear thunder as I'm writing this...maybe its finally the end of this horrible heat wave? Lets hope so!

Happy Monday!
xoxo
GG

No comments:

Post a Comment